Coronavirus Policy Updates
On 17th March we suspended upcoming courses (please see below), however following the UK and Scottish Governments' Announcements yesterday of a UK-wide lockdown, we are suspending all courses until further notice.
We will resume our course schedule as soon as possible and will be adding additional dates for 2021 to give you more options to reschedule.
We would like to thank everyone for their patience at this time, and wish you all good health.
The validity period of all our gift vouchers will be automatically extended by six months and we'll make further extensions if necessary.
In light of yesterday’s announcement from the UK Government (recommending no unnecessary travel or social gatherings) we have taken the decision to reschedule all our public courses that were planned to take place up until 5 May 2020. We will be constantly reviewing the situation and will post updates here as things develop. You can always contact us on 01687 470415 if you have any queries.
Although this is a challenge for us as a small family business, we want to do the responsible thing, for the safety of our customers and the wider community, and hope you will support us in this by agreeing to reschedule to a future date. We will be listing even more dates shortly, for the latter half of the year, and many of our existing dates still have places available. There will also be the option to convert your booking to a voucher with an 18 month validity that can be used towards any of our future courses.
Wishing you, your family and friends good health in this difficult time.
Leon & Alison
Measures relating to COVID-19 (coronavirus):
We obviously want to take a responsible approach to reduce the spread of potential infections of COVID-19. Currently we consider our courses to be a relatively low risk in terms of contracting the virus as they take place outdoors with relatively small groups. With the following measures in place we can reduce that risk even further.
We therefore want to make our customers aware of a number of measures we are taking and ask for your cooperation when joining courses.
1) Firstly, under any of the following circumstances we ask that you contact us (preferably by phone: 01687470415) and do not attend the course:
a) if you have visited one of the key areas https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/advice-for-travellers/ within 14 days of the course;
b) if you have a cough, fever, shortness of breath.
c) if someone in your place of residence has been required under official guidance to self-isolate
In these instances you will be allowed to reschedule your booking to another date, but you will not be eligible for a refund. Also, If you are in any doubt about the above conditions please contact us.
2) We ask that we avoid handshaking or other close contact during the course.
3) As usual on courses, we will provide hand-washing facilities, but we also ask that you bring your own personal bottle of hand sanitiser (>70% alcohol). Hands should be sanitised or washed whenever dirty but especially before food prep and eating, or if you sneeze etc.
5) Food preparation: on some courses food is prepared communally. Those preparing food should wash their hands beforehand (as usual). If after cooking it is necessary for someone to break up or divide any food manually then disposable gloves (provided by us) should be used (e.g. breaking up flat bread or carving spit-cooked rabbit).
People attending a course where food is provided, such as a survival course or foraging course should bring their own cups, bowls and cutlery, as per the existing kit list. On other courses we now ask that you bring your own mug for hot drinks.
4) Any tissues should be disposed of in the bin or ideally on the fire if it is not being used to cook with!
We don't feel there is currently reason for undue alarm but if we take these measures we will be able to run our courses while minimising risk of spreading infection.